What are the waffle Holidays in our calendar?
"First week in September is National Waffle week."
"September is All American Breakfast Month!"
March 25th is International Waffle Day.
August 24 is National Waffle Day.at
Are there any other Holidays related?
For a very fast family breakfast why not try waffles. Kids just love the crispy waffle squares and they love to fill the holes with sweet syrup and butter. This is a great meal to serve with a tall cold glass of milk or a nice hot cup of coffee.
batters and toppings, and pizzelle recipes with and without fillings are found here.
Fun Facts about Breakfast & Waffles
- The ice cream cone was invented at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904 when an ice cream vendor ran out of cups and asked a waffle vendor to help by rolling up waffles to hold ice cream. Visit Legends of America for more fun facts.
- The first Waffle House restaurant opened on Labor Day in 1955 in Avondale Estates, GA.
- Each year Waffle House customers eat more than 334,000 pounds of pecans in their waffles. That is more than 21 million pecans. Visit WaffleHouse.com for more fun facts.
September is National Month of?
Take a look at all these food holidays for the month of September that are just perfect choices to serve for breakfast.
National Biscuit month
National mushroom month
National Potato month
It's National Week Of?
Now if that's not enough to get your taste buds going then take a look at these breakfast related "weekly holidays" for the month of September.
First week in September is - National Waffle Week
First week in September is also Biscuits & Gravy week.
It's National Day Of?
September 27: National Corned Beef Hash Day.
September 27: Is also National Chocolate Milk Day.
September 29: National Coffee Day.
We have a great section in our website that is dedicated to coffee. It has hot, cold and spirited drink recipes in it and it even has meal recipes that use coffee as one of its ingredients. If you want to pass some time with a laugh or two.... go to coffee jokes.
September Food Holidays
Yep.... the month of September has a whole long list of National Food Holidays that are not listed on this page, that do not have anything to do with breakfast. If your interested in seeing the list just go to our "September Food Holiday" page and have fun reading.
Great Breakfast Recipes
More Coming Soon!
How can I Celebrate National Cleaning Week?
- Have a Waffle Party or a fun Brunch! - Waffles are great for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert for lunch so have some fun and have a waffle party. You do it just like you would if you were having a ice cream party. Line up bowls of topping, fruits and treats for the top of the waffles and let everyone put on top what they like best. Things like nuts, sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, whip cream, candy sprinckles, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, candied walnuts, ice cream, chocolate chips etc. You get the idea.
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and tell us about your favorite cleaning day or your favorite cleaner recipe.
Product Review & Description
This popular waffle book now includes recipes for the current rage, the pizzelle–that crisp, cookie-like cousin of the waffle. Make pizzelles on a waffle-type iron and serve them flat, rolled, stacked or filled. More than 100 recipes for waffle