Sagittarius / The Archer / Nov. 22 - Dec. 21.
About the month of November
November is the eleventh month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four Gregorian months with the length of 30 days. November retained its name (from the Latin novem meaning "nine") when January and February were added to the Roman calendar. November starts on the same day of the week as February in common years, and March every year.
- Thanksgiving - fourth Thursday in November in the United States; second Monday in October in Canada; commemorates a feast held in 1621 by the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians.
- All Saints' Day (formerly All Hallows Day), a Christian holy day, is celebrated on November 1, the day after Halloween. In Sweden the All Saints' official holiday takes place on the first Saturday of November.
- In Ireland, November 1 is regarded as the first day of Winter.
- November 1 is called November Day (Lá Samhna) in Celtic tradition and is thus named in the Irish Calendar, where the month is called Mí na Samhna.
- In the pagan wheel of the year, November begins at or near Samhain in the northern hemisphere and Beltaine in the southern hemisphere.
- In the Roman Catholic calendar, November 2 is All Souls Day. It is known in Mexico as el Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), and the whole month of November is especially dedicated to praying for the dead.
- For Western Christians, Advent usually begins on a Sunday during the last week of November.
- Scotland celebrates St Andrews Day, its official national day, on 30 November. Since 2006 it has been an official bank holiday.
this list is incomplete
- Election Day is the first Tuesday after the First Monday of November. In the United States, elections are held on the Tuesday after the first Monday of November. They therefore fall between November 2 and November 8. In even numbered years, members of the House of Representatives are elected to two-year terms, and about one third of the U.S. Senate are elected to six-year terms. The President of the United States is elected in years divisible by four. Most U.S. states, counties, and municipalities have some part of their election cycle coincident with this date.
- In Australia, the Melbourne Cup horse race is held annually on the (first Tuesday in November).
- The Great American Smokeout sponsored by the American Cancer Society occurs on the (third Thursday of November), one week before Thanksgiving. Smokers are encouraged to quit smoking for these 24 hours, in hopes that they will quit forever.
- Tie One On Day: The fourth Wednesday in November, always the day before Thanksgiving
- The day after Thanksgiving in the USA is A famous day for shopping known as "Black Friday."
- Monday immediately following Thanksgiving Day in the USA is Cyber Monday.
- Advent: starts on the 4th Sunday before December 25; in other words, the Sunday between November 27 and December 3 inclusive.
ITS NATIONAL MONTH OF?
It's quite common for some males in Australia (especially in the city of Melbourne), and New Zealand to sport a moustache during the month of November. The custom being known as Movember (Movember is a portmanteau of the words 'Moustache' and 'November'.), and being a fundraising event for men's health issues. One's fashionable appearance often comes second to the calling of Movember. A similar observance in the United States, called Noshavember, involves a full beard as opposed to a mustache.
Family Stories Month: (November 1 - 30)
During the holiday season, gathering of family and friends around the table, makes November the perfect month to start telling and saving family stories.
I Am So Thankful Month (November 1-30)
This month is dedicated to giving thanks and counting your blessings daily. Share with others the things you are thankful for!
Home Care Month
Flu Awareness Month
Good Nutrition Month
Latin American Month
Georgia Pecan Month
Real Jewelry Month
Aviation History Month
Hunger Awareness Month
International Drum Month
National Alzheimer's Month
National Sleep Comfort Month
ITS NATIONAL WEEK OF?
American Education Week
National Children's Book Week
National Family Week
National Geography Week
National Cat Week
Vegetarian Awareness Week
Osteopathic Medicine Week
Split Pea Soup Week
Notary Public Week
Pursuit Of Happiness Week
Random Acts of Kindness Week
Operating Room Nurse Week
Geography Awareness Week
National Children's Book Week
National Family Caregivers Week
National Adoption Week
Children's Book Week
American Educational History Week
National Game & Puzzle Week
National Care Givers Week
ITS NATIONAL DAY OF? (Day-Long Observances)
Nov 1 - National Author's Day
Nov 1 - Family Literacy Day
Nov 1 - Men Make Dinner Day
Nov 1 - Kite Festival in Guatemala
Nov 3 - All Saints Day in Sweden
Nov 4 - Candy Day
Nov 4 - National Skeptic's Day
Nov 6 - Basketball Day
Nov 6 - Saxophone Day
Nov 7 - Hug a Bear Day
Nov 7 - Magazine Day
Nov 8 - Try A New Recipe Day
Nov 8 - X-ray Discovery Day
Nov 8 - Thanksgiving Day in Liberia
Nov 8 - National Ample Time Day
One day set aside each year to recognize the importance of time management, making Ample Time in one's life for priorities to make the most of each day and live a completely fulfulling life.
Nov 9 - Parade Day
Nov 10 - Lung Cancer Awareness Day
Nov 11 - Remembrance Day in Canada
Nov 11 - National Young Reader's Day
Nov 12 - Moms and Dads Day
Nov 14 - Educational Support Personnel Day
Nov 14 - Young Reader's Day
Nov 16 - Ramadan
Nov 17 - Remembrance Day
Nov 17 - International Student Day
Nov 18 - William Tell Day
Nov 19 - Mickey Mouse's Birthday
Nov 22 - Stop the Violence Day
Nov 23 - You're Welcome-giving Day
Nov 25 - Reminder! One Month to Christmas!
Nov 26 - Cake Day
National Day of Listening (November 27)
Sponsored by the Story Corps, the National Day of Listening is a day to set aside some time to listen to and document the life stories of those close to you. For information: StoryCorps National Day of Listening
Nov 28 - It's Letter Writing Day
Nov 30 - Computer Security Day
Nov 30 - Play Hooky Day
Nov 30 - I Feel Well Day
National Cat week - We love cat's here at Gone-ta-pott.com and we have several pages about cats thats just perfect for you cat lovers. For a spooky look at cats, visit our Black Cat page. For a look at our own loveeable cats, visit My Cat Smokey. There's some great pictures here!