Definitions of Healing
- Healing - Healing is the process whereby the cells in the body regenerate and repair to reduce the size of a damaged or necrotic area. Healing incorporates both the removal of necrotic tissue (demolition), and the replacement of this tissue.
- Healer - is someone who purports to aid recovery from ill health, including alleged faith healers. A healer is a character with healing powers, usually magical involving the laying-on of hands, but sometimes using herbalism.
- Alternative medicine - describes practices used in place of conventional medical treatments. Complementary medicine describes alternative medicine used in conjunction with conventional medicine. The term complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is an umbrella term for both branches. Alternative medicine includes practices that incorporate spiritual, metaphysical, or religious underpinnings; non-European medical traditions, or newly developed approaches to healing. There are almost 500 such systems.
- Holistic Medicine - Holistic health is a medical philosophy of well-being that considers the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of life as closely interconnected and balanced. Advocates of the holistic health philosophy typically seek or use a wide variety of alternative practices, the most common of which include acupuncture, ayurveda, Siddha, chiropractic, naturopathy, yoga, aromatherapy,homeopathy, massage, Tai Chi, Chinese herbology, Medical cannabis and medicinal herbs.
- Herbalism - also known as Herbal medicine and phytotherapy, is folk and traditional medicinal practice based on the use of plants and plant extracts. Finding healing powers in plants is an ancient idea. People in all continents have long used hundreds, if not thousands, of indigenous plants for treatment of various ailments dating back to prehistory.
- Home Remedy - A home remedy is a treatment or cure for a disease or other ailment that employs certain foods or other common household items.
- Massage - Massage is the practice of applying structured pressure, tension, motion, or vibration — manually or with mechanical aids — to the soft tissues of the body, including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, joints and lymphatic vessels, to achieve a beneficial response. A form of therapy, massage can be applied to parts of the body or successively to the whole body, to heal injury, relieve psychological stress, manage pain, and improve circulation.
- Aromatherapy - commonly associated with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), is the use of volatile liquid plant materials, known as essential oils (EOs), and other aromatic compounds from plants to affect someone's mood or health.
- Crystal Healing - a belief that crystals have healing, mystical and paranormal powers. It is popular in the New Age movement, but regarded as baseless by skeptics and the general scientific community. By using the appropriate crystals one can allegedly "tune" an energy system or rebalance energies, thus improving well-being.
- The earliest records of crystal healing come from ancient Egypt. The Ebers papyrus states the medicinal uses of many different gems. Healing with crystals is also recorded in India's Ayurvedic records and in traditional Chinese medicine from around five thousand years ago. See crystal healing
Find more definitions at:
Before the advance of the scientific age, healing was commonly practiced or performed by the village witch or wizard, often called the wise woman or man. These individuals often were born having the mysterious gift of healing by touch, and many were adept in herbal lore that had been passed down through generations of their families. They diagnosed both human and animal ailments. This was because in the early history of humankind animals were very important to human survival. Even today some practitioners still practice animal and plant healing because they consider all life as coming from the gods.
Read the rest of this article at
Examples of Common Herbal Healing Medicine
- Apples - aid in digestion, fever reducer, skin softener, dental aid.
- Cayenne Pepper - starving off colds and flu, aches and pains, stomach discomfort.
- Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) - digestion, stomach spasms, gas stomach aches, antiseptic, for steaming the face for facial, pain in sores or swellings, insect repellant.
- Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) - bruises and breaks, bug bites, arthritis, gout.(A home remedy is a treatment or cure for a disease or other ailment that employs certain foods or other common household items.
- Garlic - lowers total cholesterol levels, mildly reduces blood pressure, antibacterial properties,
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) - stomach aches, menstrual cramps, morning sickness, heartburn, digestion, aching joints, cholesterol, sore throat,
- Marigold (Calendula officinalis) - soothe and moisture chapped hands, infusion of flowers used to reduce scars and varicose veins, inflammation, healing agent, speeds up healing, broken skin heals quickly, insect stings, marigold petal infusion or tea can bring down a fever, also promotes perspiration to stop a fever,
- Rosemary ( Rosemarinus officinalis) - headaches, improves texture and color of hair, skin, aids in bad breath,
- Peppermint tea - problems with digestive tract, irritable bowel syndrome, nausea,
- St. Johns Wort (Hypericum performitum)- aids in depression
Then God said,
"Let us make Humanity in our image, after our likeness; and let them have stewardship over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." So God created Humanity in God's own image, in the image of God, God created Humanity; male and female God created them. And God blessed them and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and have stewardship over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. And God saw everything that God had made, and behold, it was very good." Genesis 1:26-31
If you're battling a specific malady, certain foods can help. Cold and flu symptoms are relieved by warming spices--such as ginger, curry powder and cayenne pepper--and steamy soups, which increase circulation and help to flush toxins through the body. Garlic, onions, shiitake mushrooms and foods high in beta carotene and vitamin C--carrots, kiwi and broccoli--can significantly reduce the severity and duration of colds by stimulating the defense system and increasing overall immunity. For sinus headaches, ginger and......