What is Honey Mustard?
"Honey mustard, as the name suggests, is a blend of mustard and honey, usually 1:1. It is most often used as a topping for sandwiches and as a dip for chicken strips, french fries, onion rings, and other finger foods. It can also be used combined with vinegar and/or olive oil to make a salad dressing. The most basic honey mustard is a mixture of equal amounts of honey and mustard; however, most varieties include other ingredients to modify the flavor and texture. Combinations of English mustard with honey or demerara sugar are popularly used in British cuisine to coat grilled lamb cutlets or pork chops. Peppers and spices are sometimes added to give honey mustard a distinct hot and spicy taste.
- Deli Sandwiches: Common sandwiches made with honey mustard are chicken and ham-
- Favorite Meat: Honey Mustard Chicken Wings, chicken fingers with honey mustard dipping sauce-
Honey Mustard Recipe
- 1/2 cup Kraft mayonnaise (don't use Dukes or Miracle Whip!)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (leave out if using for dip)
Whisk together and chill.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 c. Miracle Whip salad dressing
Mix together until smooth. A great sauce for basting meat on the grill or as a salad dressing.
Alton Browns Honey Mustard Sauce
- 5 tablespoons medium body honey (sourwood is nice)
- 3 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Serve as a dressing or a dip.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Did you know we have a Holiday that honors mustard?
Research Also : Other types of mustard