Hosting a dinner party and you are worried about all the planning. I understand that it is a highly stressful affair. Check out this easy to follow, dinner party planning checklist to make your planning organized with a touch of perfection.
3 To 4 weeks Before The Dinner Party
This is the right time to start thinking about the food and decorations for you exotic dinner party.
1. - Make a list of items you would want to be included in your menu.
2. - Make a grocery list accordingly.
3. - Decide on the table settings and the theme you would want for your decorations.
4. - Decide on the seating arrangements. Seat your guests in such a way that they are at comfort and allow easy socializing.
5. - If you want you might also want to do some research work on good caterers and bartenders. Of course if you don't plan to cook all by yourself.
6. - Get ready with the list of things you will need for table settings and decorations. It could include candles, tablewares, balloons etc.
7. - Decide on the type of drinks you will serve at the party.
8. - Send out the invitations. So that you may receive RSVP's on time.
A couple of weeks Prior to the Dinner Party
1. - Determine the reason of hosting the party and who will be on the guest list. Some entertainment experts advocate starting with no more than six to eight guests.
2. - Decide on a style or theme for your dinner party. Whether it would be a formal or a casual dinner party.
3. - Decide on the date,time and place. Pick a date for your dinner party which will allow you to prepare in a relaxed manner.
4. - Make a budget and be ready with your guest list.
5. - Decide when you plan to send out the invitations.
6. - If you wish you can also center your dinner party around a holiday or an occasion.
10 days before the Dinner party
By now you must have received the RSVP's and now you know who will be there at the party.
1. - Time for shopping. Pick all those grocery list, decorations list and move on or place orders.
2. - Don't forget to buy some paper plates.
3. - Make arrangements for the drinks. You might want to place an order.
4. - Buy gas or charcoal for the grill, if needed.
5. - Get on to housecleaning.
6. - And yes do not forget to decide upon you party outfit. Leaving this for last minute will make you more confused and can even ruin your party.
1 or 2 days before the party
1. - Just 2 days left for the party. This is the right time to start with the food preparations and cleaning the serving ware.
2. - Make all arrangements if you planning for some games at your party. Don't leave this task for the last day.
3. - Pick up any dry cleaning needed for the party.
4. - Setting up your tablescape one day before the party is a good idea.
On the Dinner Party Day
1. - Finish with the final cleaning of the house. Preferably in the early hours of the day, you might want to wake up a little early that day.
2. - Create a bar area and organize your kitchen.
3. - Now relax and have a glass of wine and get ready for the party.
Following this simple checklist will keep you relaxed. And a relaxed mood will make you one of the best host and your guests will love you for being so organized.
Last minute, flowers spice up any dinner party table and makes it look like you put much thought into it!
Chill and Plan a Great Dinner Party.
Don't frown or loose your temper, if you see some one spilling something on your favorite table cloth.