When is National Cat Health Month?
The month of February is always Cat Health Month.
Are there other Holidays related?
For the Love of Cats
It’s time to celebrate the love you have for your cat and make sure he or she is healthy, happy and safe. Let February be a reminder to you to make that vet appointment and have your pet checked out. And since February is also National Pet Dental Health Month, have the vet check out your pets teeth too.
Take your vets advice. Let them teach you how to take care of all your cats and kitten the correct way from home. We all want our cats happy, healthy and safe so we can enjoy them as a member of our family for many years. And even when our beloved pet becomes sick we all should know how to make the quality of life for our pets the very best.
- Americans have a love affair with cats. According to the newly published American Veterinary Medical Association U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook, they outnumber dogs: 82 million cats vs. 71 million dogs.
A look into Natural Treatment with Graviola
"Graviola is very aggressive at breaking up tumors." "It appears that, as with many health problems, the body (in its wisdom) is trying to protect itself by creating a tumor to encase the toxins that can harm the body." "Breaking up the tumor releases toxins back into the body, making the person feel very sick." "When tumors are surgically removed, this also takes out the toxins which why this is the most effective medical treatment for cancer."
"So a company created a product that contains graviola (called Gravizon) but also has herbs from the rainforest that helps the body to drain these toxins faster, strengthen the immune system and recover from sickness."
The Protestant bible (New International Version) says "All the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (Revelation 22:2) The Catholic bible (The New American Bible) says "the leaves of the trees serve as medicine for the nations." (Revelations 22:2)
Basic Cat Tips
- Is your cat under the weather and not eating like he or she should? Sometimes, extra treats with yummy smell and taste are put in with the high quality food, or hand feeding is done to help encourage the appetite.
- Cats with cancer, or those undergoing treatment often have very poor appetites and so sometimes appetite stimulant medication is required from your vet, or even tube feeding.
- Did you watch the video above? Smokey the cat is being feed daily his vitamins and soft food from a surenge. (but NOT in the same surenge) In the video above he is being feed beef baby food. At this time he will not eat anything else so soft baby food is mixed with water to thin it down to help get nutrition and water intake in him. He loves beef, chicken, turkey, veal, and lamb baby food. Yes this is people food. Ask your vet what you should try and feed your cat if he is sick.
- Soft bedding is essential for all cats that are healthy or sick. If your cat is sick then they will most likely lay in their favorite soft bed during this time. Soft bedding is essential so that sore spots do not form.
- Cats love to be caressed and softly massaged. A loving caress is good for the pet and the pet owner. Touch has been proven to be healing.
- Help your cat enjoy the best quality of life possible.
- Make sure your cat is happy. Cats can become depressed just like people.
- If you have decided to adopt a kitten, make sure you buy your young pet safe kitten toys. Kittens are very active and need toys to play with.
- Cats love clean litter! The litter box should be completely changed each week. Scrub the box using hot, soapy water before adding fresh litter. Scoopable litter is very convenient because the box will not have to be completely changed as often. Your cat is also less likely to go peee in another corner of the house if you keep the box clean. If the box gets to full of poop.... expect your cat to go somewhere else in the house to use the bathroom. They do not like stepping all over poop.
- Some cats like to have their very own littler box. If you have more than 1 cat in the house, don't be suprised if you have one that does not like to share his bathroom with others. Try adding a second box.
- If your cat or kitten suddenly stops using the litter box this could be a sign of a bladder infection, and your kitten will need to been seen by a veterinarian for treatment. One sign to look for is blood in the pee.
How can I Celebrate Cat Health Month?
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit and tell us what you think about the subject.
This is a popular liquid food/pudding that is very good for sick cats.
1 can evaporated milk,8oz. (not diet)
2 tbsp. plain yogurt (not diet)
2 tbsp. mayonaise (real not light or No-Fat)
1 tbs. Karo Syrup (light)
1 pkg. Knox gelatin
2 egg yolks (beaten, )
1 cup unflavored Pedialyte
1 jar Stage One Chicken or Turkey Baby food
Mix milk, yogurt, mayonaise, baby food and syrup together well.
Mix egg yolk with milk mixture and beat well.
Bring 1 cup pedialyte to boil and mix in Knox gelatin. Set aside.
Add gelatin and water to milk mixture and beat well.
Add in egg yolk mixture and beat well.
Pour into bowl (with cover) and set in refrigerator. Kitty Glop will last for two weeks covered in refrigerator or over a month frozen.
Try freezing the mixture in ice cube trays and store the cubes in the freezer, thaw as many as needed.
Always warm pudding to room temperature ,(about 10 seconds in microwave), before feeding.
Maitake was recommended for my cats diet as part of his homapathic cancer treatment. / Herbal Medicine
Some Asian mushrooms such as shiitake, enokitake and maitake have been used for a long time in Chinese and Japanese medicine to ensure good health and prolong life expectancy. Several studies indicate that these mushrooms strongly stimulate the immune system.
Green Magma powder was recommended for my cats diet as part of his homapathic cancer treatment from the local health/herb store.
Cat Links: learn about your cats health.
Disclaimer: This website is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed veterinarian. If you require any veterinary related advice, contact your veterinarian promptly. Information at gone-ta-pott.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Do not disregard veterinary advice or delay treatment as a result of accessing information at this site.