When is "Chocolate Covered Insect Day"?
National Chocolate Covered Insect Day is always observed on October 14 each and every year.
What is this Holiday for?
Are you ready to try chocolate covered insects for a sweet treat today? Well todays the day to do it if you've never tried it before. Go ahead, just close your eyes and bite!
What is this Origin of this Holiday?
Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this holidays. This holiday is referred to as a "National" day. However, we did not find any congressional records or presidential proclamations for this day. Even though we didn't, this is still a holiday that is publicized to celebrate. So have fun with it and celebrate it!
What type of holiday is this?
One of the most popular flavors in the world!
"Chocolate has become one of the most popular flavors in the world." "Gifts of chocolate molded into different shapes have become traditional on certain holidays: chocolate bunnies and eggs are popular on Easter, chocolate coins on Hanukkah, Santa Claus and other holiday symbols on Christmas, and hearts on Valentine's Day." "Chocolate is also used in cold and hot beverages, to produce chocolate milk and hot chocolate."
We even try it with bugs!
Where can I get chocolate covered insects?
You may also be interested in these chocolate pages
How can I Celebrate this holiday?
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and talk with us about the holidays.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
Other October 14 Holidays around the world
October 14 is the 287th day of the year (288th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 78 days remaining until the end of the year.
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of Vendémiaire
- Chişinău's (Moldova's capital) local holiday (known as "Hramul Oraşului" by locals).