Who celebrates this holiday?
Everybody can celebrate this holiday. It doesn't matter if your male or female, young or old, this holiday is for you. In fact -in this fast pace world we don't usually have the time to sit down and read but on this holiday you have an excuse to do just that.
Go to your favorite book store and pick yourself out a book. Get ready to spend the day relaxing and reading and taking some time for yourself. Remember how fun it is to emerge yourself into a really good book.
Origin of this Holiday?
Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day.
This holiday is referred to as a "National" day. However, we did not find any congressional records or presidential proclamations for this day. Even though we didn't, this is still a holiday that is publicized to celebrate. So have fun with it and celebrate it!
Do people really celebrate this holiday?
Yes they really do. In fact reading books is a big deal for most of the world and many organizations promote all reading holidays. In fact World Book Day is held in March and you can read about it at the official World Book Day website for the UK and Ireland. National Book Week is the third full week in January
Other September 6th Holidays and observances
September 6 is the 249th day of the year (250th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 116 days remaining until the end of the year.
- National Coffee Ice Cream Day- US
- Bulgaria – Unification Day.
- Canada – Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia (as of 2006).
- Pakistan – Defence Day (Pak-Army Day) Since 1965.
- Swaziland – Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968).
- United States – Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states, in remembrance of Breanna Lynn Bartlett-Stewart.
How can I Celebrate this holiday?
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and tell us about your favorite cleaning day or your favorite cleaner recipe.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
You may also be interested in:
When is Read A Book Day?
Read a book day is always held on September 6th in the U.S.
What is this Holiday for?
This holiday is for sitting down with a really good book and reading it all day long.
That's right! When's the last time you took the time to read a really good book anyway? Well let today be the day you curl up in your favorite chair and start relaxing with a good story. It's a good day to read a few short stories to your children too.