When is National Sausage Month?
October is National Sausage Month
UK: National Sausage Week is in September
Are there other Holidays related?
September 10 is National Hot Dog Day
Some calendars say March 29 is National Hot Dog Day
October 11 is sausage pizza day
What is a sausage?
Wiki tells us that "A sausage is a prepared food product usually made from ground meat, animal fat, salt, and spices, and sometimes other ingredients such as herbs,moulds, and generally packed in a casing." "Sausage making is a traditional food preservation technique, originating in the European cuisine."
"Traditionally, casings have been made of animal intestines, though they are now often synthetic." "Traditionally they would be wrapped in the skin of the animal so they could be fried, after cooking the skin was taken off." "Some sausages are cooked during processing, and the casing may be removed at that time. Sausages may be preserved by curing, drying in cool air, or smoking." "The distinct flavor of some sausages is due to fermentation by Lactobacillus during curing."
How can I Celebrate National Sausage Month / Day?
- Get outside and get to grilling those sausages! Nothing in the world taste like a BBQ sausage. - Visit our Grilling & BBQ Directory to learn great grilling tips and recipes.
- Blog with us about Hamburgers! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our page and tell us about your favorite favorite sausage moment or recipe.
- Send Free Sausage E-Greeting!
- Fourth of July Is Top Dog Holiday for Weiner and Sausage Lovers: Americans Associate Hot Dogs Most Closely with Independence Day and Exercise their Freedoms of Choice in Toppings and Buns.
- Hot Dog and Sausage Recipes: National Hot Dog and Sausage Council Reveals New Hot Dog Topping Recipes. A Tribute to the Patriotic, All-American Food