Romance is a term that refers to the attempt to express love with words or deeds.
"In the context of romantic love relationships, romance usually implies an expression of one's love, or one's deep emotional desires to connect with another person. This is especially apparent in platonic love where sexual drive is sublimated into an artful expression of desire."
A very popular way love is expressed is through food.
A romantic meal always set's the stage for love. It's not uncommon for aphrodisiacs to be added to a romantic meal to up the libido. What is an aphrodisiac you ask? "An aphrodisiac is a substance that is used in the belief that it increases sexual desire. Throughout history, many foods, drinks, and behaviors have had a reputation for making sex more attainable and/or pleasurable."
Now let's talk about romantic meal tips"
When I think of a romantic meal I think of a beautiful table set with delicious food, either by fireside or by candle light. Most of us will agree that there's something about low light that is very romantic. Low light gives us the feeling of warmth and comfort. A nice fire glowing in a fireplace with the sound of it popping and cracking in the background makes us relax. Candle Light also gives us that comforted feeling as well. Many times it's relaxing in itself to just sit with each other and watch the candle flame shimmering back and forth slowly as we enjoy a quiet romantic meal. When couples are relaxed they start to get to know each other better and start to build a bond and trust with their partners.
Fancy or Simple Food
Romantic Meals can be as fancy as almond crusted fish with lemon sauce or as simple as a dagwood sandwich on beautiful crusted bread. It needs to be said that a "Romantic Meal" does not always have to be sophisticated and expensive.
Some of the simpliest of foods can be make into a romantic meal. Just think about
the romance that's in "wine & cheese". Yes!! This is very simple food but a very
popular choice. Many times wine and cheese is a prelude to the main meal. It can
be the main meal in itself if you add some really fresh baked bread, seasoned olive
oil to dip the bread in and really cold fresh fruit. Now that's a true romantic meal.
Sauces, seasoned oils and gravies
These have always been a part of romance. Any food you can dip in something is best when feed to someone else. It will truly cause you to lick your fingers which is sensual in itself.
Make the meal romantic
A romantic meal is not just about good food. It's also about things that make the meal romantic too. Most people think of a romantic meal that is served inside but any meal can be made romantic. Let's not forget about those romantic meals at the park. During the summer you really must take advantage of the sunshine and pack that perfect picnic lunch served on the ground. Cuddling on the ground sharing finger food and wine is perfect.
Things to remember that makes a meal romantic.
• Eating by the fire. Perfect for winter.- This can be a fire inside the house in a fireplace or this can be outside in a fire ring. If it's hot weather outside and it's to hot to sit by a fireplace you can easily simulate a fire by setting up a few candles inside a fireplace and let them give off a nice glow. Ingenious!
• Candle light on the table. - Just plan ole romantic! Did you know that the color of your candles actually has a meaning? Yep they do. Here's a list of "Candle Color Meanings."
• Fresh Flowers on the table - Flowers convey thoughtfulness and love. - Flowers on the table gives a great visual effect plus it can be an easy topic breaker. Get to know a few facts about the fresh flowers that you place on the table. Talking about the beauty of a flower and how it smells is nice, but did you know that flowers can have romantic meaning as well? Yep... and it's a really fun idea to know what the flower you put on your table stands for. Talk about it and touch it with your date / mate. Another fact to know is each month in our calendar has a desiginated Flower of the Month. For instance.... January's flower is a carnation or a snowdrop. The meaning of a carnation is listed below. You want to keep in mind that the meaning of a yellow carnation means.... you have disappointed me or rejection. So picking the correct flower could be an important thing to know about.
• Carnation in general (mixed bouquet) - Fascination, Woman Love
• Carnation (Pink) - I'll Never Forget You
• Carnation (Red) - My Heart Aches For You, Admiration
• Carnation (Purple) - Capriciousness
• Carnation (Solid color) - Yes
• Carnation (White) - Sweet and Lovely, Innocence, Pure Love, Woman's Good Luck Gift
• Carnation (Stripped variety) - No, Refusal, Sorry I Can't Be With You, Wish I Could Be With You
• Carnation (yellow) - You Have Disappointed Me, Rejection
• Fresh Fruit.
• Fresh sprinkled herbs on the food.
• Cloth napkins. Cloth napkins are always great for inside meals or outside meals.
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses some material from Wikipedia/article / and other related pages. Top Photo: homestead stock