Our wonderful fall recipe is just perfect on a cold Autumn night and can even be served as a stand alone meal or a pre-dinner snack for your guests until supper time is ready.
You really can't go wrong by serving it with with hot crusty bread because this dip has a whole stick of melted butter in it. Pumpkin Dip is thick and chunky but still spreadable. This hearty recipe is very soul warming.
Try serving it spooned over a hot baked potato. It's delicious!
- 1 large butternut squash, baking pumpkin or you can even use can pumpkin.
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper.
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 large pack of hamburger meat
- 1 large potato or 1/2 cup of instant potatoes.
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese.
- 1 can of cream soup. Such as cream of celery, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom. All work really well.
- 1 stick butter if serving with bread /3 tablespoons of butter if being served with corn chips.
3) Add 1 can of beef broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 8oz package of creamcheese & 1 can of cream soup, butter, salt and pepper.
4) Add cooked hamburger and onions to pot. Add enough water to cover if necessary. Simmer for 2 hours until very thick and potatoes are no longer visible.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you're battling a specific malady, certain foods can help. Cold and flu symptoms are relieved by warming spices--such as ginger, curry powder and cayenne pepper--and steamy soups, which increase circulation and help to flush toxins through the body. Garlic, onions, shiitake mushrooms and foods high in beta carotene and vitamin C--carrots, kiwi and broccoli--can significantly reduce the severity and duration of colds by stimulating the defense system and increasing overall immunity. For sinus headaches, ginger and......
1) Dice onions. Fry hamburger meat & onions, drain grease. Set aside.
2) In a seperate deep pot, Dice pumpkin, bell pepper, onions and potato in small dice. Boil unit soft.
5) If you would like to make it extra special.... pour dip in a baking dish, sprinckle with a layer of cheese and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
6) Serve with your favorite crusty bread or with nachos or corn chips.