When is "International Day of Older Persons"? (UN)
World Mental Health Day is October 10.
What type of holiday is this?
International observance (also known as international dedication or international anniversary) denotes a period of time to observe some issue of international interest or concern.
What is this Holiday for & how is it celebrated?
World Mental Health Day (October 10), is a day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy.
Origin of this Holiday?
It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more than 150 countries.
World Federation for Mental Health
The World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) is an international membership organization founded in 1948 to advance, among all peoples and nations, the prevention of mental and emotional disorders, the proper treatment and care of those with such disorders, and the promotion of mental health.
The mission of the World Federation for Mental Health is to promote the advancement of mental health awareness, prevention of mental disorders, advocacy, and best practice recovery focused interventions worldwide.
How can I Celebrate this holiday?
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and tell us about your favorite cleaning day or your favorite cleaner recipe.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
Facts about October
- October is the tenth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of seven Gregorian months with a length of 31 days.
- The month October has become famous as "Red October", due to the Russian October revolution of 1917, although in the modern Gregorian calendar, the revolution started in November.
- In the nineteenth century, the month of October was dedication to devotion to the rosary in Roman Catholic countries.
Other October 10 holidays around the world
October 10 is the 283rd day of the year (284th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year.
- Old Michelmas Day - Celtic holiday / Oct. 10
- French Republican Calendar - Tournesol (Sunflower) Day, nineteenth day in the Month of Vendémiaire
- North Korea - Party Foundation Party (celebration of the founding of the Workers Party of Korea)
- Finland - The Day of Finnish literature
See other October holidays from around the world
- Children's Book Week (England) - First Week of October
- National Day (China, People's Republic of) -October 1
- Independence Day in the Republic Of Cyprus October 1
- Independence Day in Nigeria- October 1
- International Day of Non-Violence - October 2
- German Unity Day (Germany) - October 3
- Proclamation of Portuguese Republic (Portugal) - October 5
- Independence day in Nigeria - October 6
- Independence day in Croatia - October 8
- Thanksgiving (Canada) - Second Monday of October
- Health and Sports Day (Japan) - Second Monday of October
- Columbus Day (Most of United States) - Second Monday of October
- World Food Day - October 16
- Constitution Day in Niue - October 19
You may also be interested in:
External links for more research: