Are you celebrating one of the National Holiday? This page will help make all your celebrations a delicious experience; by learning a new fudge recipe!
This Delicious fudge is so easy, it works every time and never crystallizes.
- 2 cups Miniature marshmallows
- 12 Oz. Real chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 11 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mashmallows, chocolate chips, walnuts to fudge and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares when it cuts without melting back together but before it becomes crumbly.
Makes 5 pounds. Store in an air-tight container.
Notes, tips and variations
- Substituting margarine for butter makes the fudge oily.
- Imitation vanilla affects the aroma.
- Other varieties of chips (vanilla, butterscotch, etc.) work as well.
- Other varieties of nuts also work (almonds, peanuts)
- In Australia it's common to add in coconut, In UK they add in cherries-
What is Fudge?
"Fudge is a type of confectionery which is usually very sweet, extremely rich and sometimes flavoured with cocoa. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk and heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F (116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency. Chocolate can also be mixed in to make chocolate fudge. Fudge can also be used in brownies."
Favorite Chocolate Desserts