When is Mud Pack Day? Mud pack day is always on September 30th.
What is this Holiday for?
This holiday is for learning and appreciating the use of mud on the face or really any part of the body. Mud packs have been popular for years for facial treatments to keep the skin young, soft and supple. So let today be the day you learn how to nourish your skin with mud.
Who celebrates this holiday?
Mainly women but mud can be used by both men and women. Many people celebrate mud pack activity all throughout the year and not just on September 30th.
Origin of this Holiday?
Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day.
This holiday is referred to as a "National" day. However, we did not find any congressional records or presidential proclamations for this day. Even though we didn't, this is still a holiday that is publicized to celebrate. So have fun with it and celebrate it!
What is a Mud Pack?
Peloid is mud used therapeutically. Peloids consist of humus and minerals formed over many years by geological and biological, chemical and physical processes.
Numerous peloids are available today, of which the most popular are peat pulps, lake mud, sea mud and plant substances. Peloid procedures are also various; the most common of them are peloid wraps, peloid baths, and peloid packs applied locally to the part of the body, which is being treated.
Peloid packs and, specifically, peat, have been used in Europe for medicinal baths and wraps for the past 200 years.
Peloid treatments have been used for rheumatic disorders, osteoarthritis, gynecological disorders, sciatica, skin diseases, trauma and many more various afflictions and ailments.
Peloids are widely used in cosmetology. They are applied as face masks. Applying peloid masks once a week helps to revitalize the skin, tighten it and bind fluids in the skin layers. Regular use of peloids cause wrinkles to disappear and prevents new wrinkles from appearing. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How can I Celebrate this holiday?
- Get a facial! - Or better yet learn how to give yourself a facial.
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and tell us about your favorite cleaning day or your favorite cleaner recipe.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
Other September 30th Holidays and observances
- National Mulled Cider Day - United States, (National drink holidays)
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- São Tomé and Príncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of Vendémiaire
- International Translation Day, introduced in 1991 by International Federation of Translators
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Nietzschean New Year - In The Anti-Christ, Friederich Nietzsche declared September 30th, 1888 to be the "the day of salvation, on the first day of the Year One"
The publisher does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the information or the consequences arising from the application, use, or misuse of any of the information contained herein, including any injury and/or damage to any person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence, or otherwise. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made in regard to the contents of this material. No claims or endorsements are made for any drugs or compounds currently marketed or in investigative use. This material is not intended as a guide to self-medication. The reader is advised to discuss the information provided here with a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, or other authorized healthcare practitioner and to check product information (including package inserts) regarding dosage, precautions, warnings, interactions, and contraindications before administering any drug, herb, or supplement discussed herein.