When is "Parents Day"?
In the United States, Parents' Day is the fourth Sunday of every July.
Republic of Korea, Parents' Day is celebrated on May 8.
In Vietnam, Parents' Day is held on July 7.
This holiday is related to?
Parents' Day is a holiday similar to a combination of
What type of holiday is this?
Parents Day in South Korea
In the Republic of Korea, Parents' Day is celebrated on May 8. Usually, one gives a carnation with presents to his/her parents and/or sings the Parents' Day song.
Parents' Day in the United States:
In the United States, Parents' Day is held on the fourth Sunday of every July. This was established in 1994 when President Bill Clinton signed a Congressional Resolution into law (36 U.S.C. § 135) for "recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children."
Parents Day, proclaimed by a joint Congressional Resolution, is an opportunity to uplift parenthood and to highlight the important roles parents have in helping their children grow up to be all that they can be. It's an opportunity for parents to re-examine their priorities, and re-dedicate their commitment to not let life's problems and concerns take precedence over our responsibilities as parents to help nurture our children.
Parents' Day is a time for communities to celebrate our dedicated parents who strive to raise their children with unconditional love, often putting self-gratification aside to nurture their children in a loving environment.
How can I Celebrate this holiday?
- Show appreciation for your own parents! - whether biological, adoptive, foster, or stepparents, it doesn't matter. Show appreciation by doing something special for them on this special day. Like... spending some time with them. President Lyndon Johnson once said, “The family is the corner stone of our society. It's good to be reminded of that-
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and talk with us about the holidays.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
Holidays in July
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) July 1
- Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day in Hong Kong SAR, People's Republic of China July 1
- Independence Day in Belarus July 3
- Independence Day in Bahamas July 10
- Bon Festival in Japan, July 13-16 (dates vary)
- 12th July (Battle of the Boyne) ( Orangemen's Day) in Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland
- Foundation Day in Cleveland July 22
- Pioneer Day in Utah July 24
- Constitution Day (Occupation Day) in Puerto Rico July 25
- Feast of St. James July 25
- Independence Day in Maldives July 26
- Foundation Day in Baltimore July 30